Back when I was a child,
小时候,
Before life removed all the innocence,
天真懵懂。
My father would lift me high,
父亲会把我高高举起,
And dance with my mother and me,
跟我和母亲一起翩翩起舞。
And then...
然后,
Spin me around til' I fell asleep,
抱着我转圈,直到我入睡。
Then up the stairs he would carry me,
父亲会把我抱上楼。
And I knew for sure I was loved
我知道父亲深深爱着我。
If I could get another chance,
如果我还有一次机会,
Another walk, another dance with him,
跟父亲散步,与父亲共舞,
I'd play a song that would never ever end
我会放一首永远不会结束的曲子。
How I'd love love love...
我是多么想
To dance with my father again.
再跟父亲跳一次舞。
When I and my mother would disagree,
当我不想听母亲话的时候,
To get my way I would run from her to him.
我就会跑到父亲跟前。
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me,
他会想办法让我笑起来,安慰我。
Then finally make me do just what my momma said.
但是最后让我照母亲的话去做。
Later that night when I was asleep,
那一晚在我睡觉的时候,
He left a dollar under my sheet.
他在我的床单下放了一块钱。
Never dreamed that he would be gone from me.
从来没有想过父亲会离开我。
If I could steal one final glance,
如果我能再看父亲一眼,
One final step,
再迈出一步舞步,
One final dance with him,
再跟父亲跳最后一支舞。
I'd play a song that would never ever end
我会放一首永远不会结束的曲子。
Cause I'd love love love...
因为我是多么想
To dance with my father again.
再跟父亲跳一次舞。
Sometimes I'd listen outside her door
有时候我会在母亲的门外,
And I'd hear how my momma cried for him
听见她思念父亲的哭声。
I pray for her even more than me...
我为母亲祈祷…
I pray for her even more than me.....
我为母亲祈祷...
I know I'm praying for much too much,
我知道我的要求有点过分,
But could you send back, The only man she loved.
但是你能不能 把她唯一深爱的男人送回来?
I know you don't do it usually,
我知道你一般不会这么做,
But dear Lord she's dying,
但是我的主啊,
To dance with my father again.
她是多么想再和父亲共舞啊!
Every night I fall asleep
每晚入睡以后,
And this is all I ever dream...
同样的梦境重复出现
那是我小时侯 常坐在父亲肩头 父亲是儿那登天的梯 父亲是那拉车的牛 忘不了粗茶淡饭将我养大 忘不了一声长叹半壶老酒 等我长大后 山里孩子往外走 想儿时一封家书千里循叮嘱 盼儿归一袋闷烟满天数星斗 都说养儿能防老 可儿山高水远他乡留 都说养儿为防老 可你再苦再累不张口 儿只有轻歌一曲和泪唱 愿天下父母平安渡春秋 那是我小时侯 常坐在父亲肩头 父亲是儿那登天的梯 父亲是那拉车的牛 忘不了粗茶淡饭将我养大 忘不了一声长叹半壶老酒 等我长大后 山里孩子往外走 想儿时一封家书千里循叮嘱 盼儿归一袋闷烟满天数星斗 都说养儿能防老 可儿山高水远他乡留 都说养儿为防老 可你再苦再累不张口 儿只有轻歌一曲和泪唱 愿天下父母平安渡春秋